Best Golf Laser Rangefinders (2023)
Last Updated on March 9, 2023
There’s no question that the best golf laser rangefinders will improve your game. After all, you need to be able to judge distances accurately if you want to hit the ball where you’re aiming.
With so many different models on the market, though, it can be tough to figure out which one is right for you.
In this article, we take a look at some of the best golf laser rangefinders for 2023 and give you our thoughts on each one.
So whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting, read on for some great insights!
Here are our top picks for the best golf rangefinders on the market this year:
1. Voice Caddie SL2 Active Hybrid GPS/Laser Rangefinder
Official Rangefinder of the LPGA
This year, the SL2 Active Hybrid GPS Rangefinder is our favorite on the golf rangefinder market. The SL2 integrates active GPS with a laser to give you unparalleled accuracy and detail when measuring object distances on the course.
Because of its multi-color OLED display, advanced stabilization, and slope compensation capabilities, you can trust that the SL2 will help you take your game to the next level.
- Smart Course View displays the distance to hazards, the landing area, and the distance to the pin.
- Giving a more realistic perspective on the green, Active Green View rotates the green according to the user’s position.
- GPS Pin Assist uses GPS data to focus on the pin and eliminate distractions.
- Optional Slope Integration with tournament compatible mode available.
- Continuous Scan Mode allows you to continue to achieve readings quickly.
- High-definition, high clarity lens that bends light, also with bright 2-color OLED giving a clear picture even in low lighting.
- Touchscreen with high-resolution color display.
- 5 – 1,000 yard range.
Check Amazon for best price here
Best Golf Laser Rangefinder
Voice Caddie SL2 Active Hybrid GPS/Laser Rangefinder
2. Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder
It’s hard to mention accurate distance tools without mentioning Bushnell rangefinders. This year is no exception. The Bushnell Pro XE is one of our top picks for the best golf rangefinders this year.
This golf rangefinder has all the features you could want in a rangefinder, including 7x magnification, Jolt Technology, and a fast-focus eyepiece.
Designed to eliminate any doubt from your shot ranging, the Bushnell Pro XE Laser Rangefinder has tour-preferred technologies.
Short vibrating bursts alert you when the laser has locked onto the flag. A red ring will flash with the vibrations to provide even more excellent feedback and confidence.
- High-tech Pin-Seeking Technology with Visual Jolt.
- Slope Technology uses precisely compensated measurements based on inclination/decline, barometric pressure, temperature, and altitude.
- Switch-to Technology allows golfers to instantly change between Bushnell’s slope compensation technology option and normal viewing, making it legal for tournament play.
- Backlight display with enhanced ultra brightness.
- Water-resistant, sturdy metal housing with soft rubber armor.
- BITE magnetic mount built-in for easy attachment to your cart.
- Carrying case included.
If you are ready to add the power of Bushnell golf to your bag, get one here today:
3. Nikon COOLSHOT PRO II Stabilized Golf Rangefinder
The Nikon COOLSHOT PRO II Stabilized Rangefinder is our runner-up for best golf rangefinder this year. This device has an electronic vibration reduction system that keeps your image stable, even if your hand is shaking which makes it faster and easier to get an accurate reading.
A magnesium alloy body and an armored rubber casing make it resistant to bumps and scratches. 6x magnification with anti-glare and high contrast coatings easily make it our second choice for our best rangefinder list.
- Hyper Read Technology provides the fastest and most accurate measurements.
- DUAL LOCKED ON ECHO confirms you are measuring the distance to the flag, rather than a different object in the background.
- A green visual cue, as well as the audible alert, confirms that you are measuring the pin.
- The stabilization system reduces image shake for a steady view
- Optional ID mode offers assistance with distance when slope will affect your shot, both uphill and downhill.
- For competitive play, when slope compensation must be off, Actual Distance Indicator LED signals compliance.
- Waterproof and fog proof with a durable magnesium alloy body and rubber armor casing, weighing only 6.3 oz
Get a Nikon COOLSHOT PRO II Stabilized Rangefinder today.
4. Garmin Approach Z82 Golf Rangefinder + Golf GPS
The Garmin Approach Z82 might be the rangefinder for you if you’re looking for one of the most accurate golf rangefinders on the market. This hybrid rangefinder with GPS, gives you readings within 10″ of the flag, so you can be confident in your game.
- Over 41,000 preloaded golf courses for full-color 2-D Course View mapping.
- Includes Hazard View so you are never surprised by a hazard on the course.
- Connects to any smartphone for wind speed, direction, and other weather variables.
- Stabilization assistance and slight vibrations to help you confirm you are locked on the pin.
- Slope adjustment mode to help with shots uphill or downhill and the ability to be turned off for tournament capability.
- PinPointer feature for pointing you towards the pin in blind areas.
Get a Hybrid Garmin Approach Z82 Golf Rangefinder here:
5. Bushnell Tour V5 Shift Rangefinder
New this year from Bushnell Golf is the Bushnell Tour V5 Shift Laser Rangefinder. This top-of-the-line golf rangefinder features size, speed, and accuracy evolved with a new generation of tech.
Includes 6x magnification, pin-seeker with visual vibration, BITE Magnetic cart mount, and next-level clarity and brightness. This Bushnell golf rangefinder is perfect for any golfer looking to up their game. Plus, patented slope compensation ensures you’ll make the most of every shot.
- “True Play As Distance” provides you with the precise tour-trusted compensated distances that account for distance and incline/decline.
- Slope switch technology provides the ability to turn the slope feature off with a simple click for regulated tournament compliance.
- BITE Magnetic mount for your golf cart, with heavy-duty strength to give peace of mind when on the course.
- Precise pin-seeking technology with visual jolt feature ensures you are locked on the pin rather than another object in the distance.
- Improved lenses with definition and vivid color, for clarity in any lighting.
- Connects to your smartphone for 3D flyovers of countless preloaded golf courses.
Pick up your Bushnell Tour V5 Shift Patriot Laser Rangefinder today:
6. Bushnell Hybrid Laser Rangefinder + Golf GPS
This rangefinder combines the technology of a laser rangefinder and a GPS into one handy device to provide golfers with maximum insight into their position.
Bushnell’s Golf App connects the hybrid rangefinder to your smartphone for over 36,000-course flyer overs for a quick birds-eye view of the hole. This rangefinder gives you the tools you need to fully manage your shots from any location on the golf course.
- The first Laser Rangefinder and GPS combination built by Bushnell.
- CR2 for Laser and USB for GPS, the dual battery source is reliable for long rounds.
- 5x magnification with multi-coated optics for reliable and easy reading.
- Bluetooth compatibility allows you to connect to your smartphone.
- jolt feedback to ensure accurate distances.
- No membership fees or download fees for high-tech accessibility.
Get the perfect Bushnell Rangefinder with GPS combo here:
7. Precision Pro R1 Smart Rangefinder (Slope)
Adding a Precision Pro R1 Smart Rangefinder to your bag will ensure a better round. This rangefinder has intuitive technology that takes your ball data and combines it with the fluctuating aspects of the environment to give you the most precise readings possible.
From temperature and altitude to ball speed and spin rate, this device leaves no questions unanswered.
- Displaying center, front and back distances to allow every distance from the fringe to the pin to be accounted for.
- Connect your smartphone to the Precision Golf App for interactive technology, including access to details of over 37,000 preloaded golf courses around the world.
- Wind Assist™ measures the wind in real-time, calculating possible effects of wind on your golf ball and your shot.
- Built-in Bluetooth location finder helps you to never lose your device again.
- Up to 12-hour battery life – rechargeable, lithium-polymer to last the entire time you are on the golf course.
Get a Precision Pro R1 Smart Rangefinder (Slope) here.
8. Callaway EZ Laser Rangefinder
This Callaway EZ could be the perfect addition to amplify your golf game, making it easier to choose the right club for every shot.
With EZ Mode, it’s simple to use while delivering precise distances with a quick aim at the pin. Unlike most other laser rangefinders, this model is horizontal and features an external distance display allowing you to see the distance outside the viewer.
Its compact size and ease of use put it on our best golf rangefinders list.
- 5x magnification with both water and fog resistance lenses.
- Built-in hand strap to minimize shaking and accidental dropping.
- Magnahold magnets keep it securely attached to your golf cart.
- Ultra user-friendly EZ Mode automatically locks onto the pin for exact readings, eliminating second guesses.
- Ability to confirm and hold your reading with the exterior LCD.
- Locks onto the flag up to 275 yards away.
Get this accurate rangefinder here at Callaway.
9. Nikon COOLSHOT 50i Golf Rangefinder
With a Nikon COOLSHOT 50i Laser Rangefinder, you’ll never have to guess again how far away a green, pin or hazard is. This best golf laser rangefinders emits a laser that calculates the precise distance to your target, so you can dial in your shot like a pro.
The Nikon is easy to use; just aim and hit the range button for nearly instant readings.
Whether you’re a golfing novice or seasoned veteran, the COOLSHOT 50i will take your game to the next level.
- A strong built-in magnet allows for quick easy attachment to any metal surface, including your cart.
- Slope mode adjustment with tournament disable mode.
- Monocular with 6x power, anti-glare lenses, OLED display, and diopter to adjust the view for easy reading.
- Pin-locking technology to confirm your sights are on the pin rather than another nearby object.
Get this great golf rangefinder, the Nikon Coolshot 50i today, here.
10. Blue Tees Gold Series 3 Max Rangefinder
The Blue Tees Golf Series 3 Max Rangefinder is the perfect tool for golfers of all levels. It features Adaptive Slope Technology, which automatically calculates and adjusts the slope feature of the green, so you can make accurate uphill and downhill shots.
An auto ambient display, 4k optics, and water-resistant lenses allow for easy viewing in any weather or lighting condition. To help you stay focused, this golf laser rangefinder includes flag lock technology and pulse vibration confirmation.
The Blue Tees Golf Series 3 Max Rangefinder laser rangefinders is sure improve your game.
- Multi-coated 4K eyesight with 7x magnification and visual display.
- Clip-on hard shell carrying case that attaches to your golf bag for quick retrieval on the course.
- Slope measurements for inclines/declines on all terrains with high-tech slope readings.
- Advance flag-locking technology to give you confidence that the pin is being measured accurately.
- Intuitive lighting switches as the environment changes. On a sunny day, the display will read black text, but in darker shaded locations, it will automatically change to red text to help you see and target better.
- A staggering 900-yard range
Available here in three color options, navy blue, pink, or black.
11. Shot Scope PRO L1 Rangefinder
The Shot Scope PRO L1 Rangefinder is the perfect tool for experienced and beginner golfers alike. With its simple design and quick-firing laser, it’s easy to use and provides clear readings every time.
This golf laser rangefinder has the technology to provide slope-adjusted distances with ease, as well as target-locking vibrations, giving you confidence in choosing the right club for your shot.
- Red and black dual optics, precision lenses, and 6x magnification for clear and easy reading.
- Target-locking confirmation vibrations and slope calculation, no matter uphill or downhill shots.
- Water-resistant and tough build allow for playing in any circumstances without worrying about damage.
- A Long-lasting battery that will last up to 160 rounds of golf if used with an average of two readings per hole.
- Ability to switch readings from yards to meters.
Get one of our favorite golf laser budget rangefinders, the Shot Scope PRO L1, here today.
Bonus: TecTecTec! VPRO500S Rangefinder
TecTecTec! Golf Laser Rangefinder Golf Pro VPRO500S is the perfect tool to take your golf game to the next level.
This golf laser rangefinder can help you find the correct distance to the hole, with quick, accurate, and precise readings. With its slope mode, the VPRO500S will give you adjusted distances based on incline and decline, so you’ll always know just how far you need to hit the ball.
With numerous high-tech features and a low price tag, this is our pick for the best budget golf rangefinder.
- Measures up to a 540-yard range, making it compatible for most golf courses.
- First Target Priority mode helps to pinpoint and display the distance to the closest object rather than focusing on something else in the background.
- Sure-grip and lightweight design for optimum comfort in your hand, all day.
- Continuous Scan Mode allows you to check the distance between hazards quickly and with ease.
- Shock-resistance case to protect your rangefinder from accidental damages on and off the golf course.
Find the best value rangefinder on our list here.
What is the Best Golf Rangefinder?
Our top pick is the Voice Caddie SL2 Active Hybrid GPS/Laser Rangefinder.
We pick the SL2 because it has all the features you could want in a golf laser rangefinder, including 6x magnification, Jolt Technology, up to 45 hour battery life, and fast focus eyepiece.
With a bright color display, green undulation and many more features it is easy to see why this is the official rangefinder of the LPGA.
What is a golf laser rangefinder?
A laser rangefinder is a device used to measure the distance between you and an object. Laser rangefinders can be used for golf, hunting, fishing, and other activities such as archery and surveys.
What makes a rangefinder a golf rangefinder?
Golf rangefinders are all fairly similar in terms of features, but there can be some slight differences between models.
Premium golf rangefinders have more magnification than others, while others may have a faster scan mode or Jolt Technology that gives you tactile feedback when you’ve locked onto your target.
What is a GPS rangefinder?
Golf laser rangefinders work by emitting a laser pulse and measuring the time it takes for the pulse to return to the unit. Golf GPS units use satellites orbiting the Earth to triangulate your position and provide you with distances to various points on the green.
What is the difference between laser rangefinders and a GPS golf rangefinders?
A laser rangefinder is best for measuring the distance to objects that are close by, while a golf GPS unit is best for measuring the distance to objects that are far away.
How do I choose the best golf rangefinder?
When choosing the best golf laser rangefinder for your needs, consider the following:
- What is the range?
- How accurate is it?
- Is it water-resistant?
- Does it provide slope-adjusted distances?
- Is it durable?
- Does it have a warranty?
- How much does it cost?
How are golf rangefinders different?
Golf rangefinders are designed specifically for golfers, and typically have features that other rangefinders don’t, such as the ability to measure slope distance.
What are some standard features of golf laser rangefinders?
Some standard features include magnification, tactile feedback when you’ve locked onto your target, and fast focus eyepiece. The best golf rangefinders also include accurate readings, slope adjusted distance, and free lifetime battery replacement.
What is Slope Technology?
Slope Technology is a feature found in some golf rangefinders that compensates for incline/decline, altitude, temperature, and barometric pressure to provide the golfer with precisely compensated distances.
Is Slope Technology legal for tournament play?
No. Slope technology is not legal for tournament play.
The USGA rule clarification states:
The USGA and The R&A have no intention to permit the use of electronic devices to go beyond the current rules and interpretations. This means that distance-measuring devices and applications will be limited to distance information only. If a device that is being used for distance-measuring purposes has any additional features, all such features must conform to the Rules of Golf.
When Slope Technology is disabled, golf rangefinders with this feature are legal for tournament play.
What is the best golf laser rangefinder for me?
The best golf rangefinder for you depends on your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a device with all the bells and whistles, the Bushnell Pro XE is a great option.
For affordability with great features, the Nikon COOLSHOT 20 is a great choice.
If budget is your number one consideration, then the TecTecTec VPro is the one for you.
What are the benefits of using a golf laser rangefinder?
There are many benefits to using a rangefinder, including:
- Improved accuracy on your shots
- Better distance control
- Improved club selection
- Accurate yardages on each hole can help you strategize your game
How do I use a golf rangefinder?
Using a rangefinder is simple. Point the device at the object you want to measure the distance to, and press the button. The rangefinder will calculate the distance and display it on the screen.
How does a golf rangefinder work?
Rangefinders use a variety of technologies to calculate accurate distances, including lasers, sonar, and GPS.
We’ve reviewed the best rangefinders on the market to use this year, based on technological features, pricing, customer reviews, and more.
No matter what rangefinder you choose, make sure to read the reviews and compare prices before making your purchase. Happy golfing!