Last Updated on May 5, 2022
What are the best golf balls for 2022? That’s a question that has been on the minds of many golfers as we approach the end of 2021. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the top modern golf balls that are likely to dominate the market this year.
Whether you’re looking for a new ball to add to your bag or just want to stay ahead of the curve, read on for our picks!
Here are our picks for the best golf balls for 2022.
1. Bridgestone TOUR B XS – Best Golf Ball of 2022
Our top pick for a premium ball is the Bridgestone Tour B XS. These golf balls were designed with the help and expertise of Tiger Woods. The Bridgestone Tour B XS, reacts to the force of impact with increased velocity and distance because of the proprietary REACTIV iQ cover technology.
Bridgestone says the ball “reacts to the force of impact for the needs of each club and shot, solving the trade-off of spin vs. distance”.
Off the tee it rebounds quickly, delivering explosive velocity and increased distance. Around the green the ball stays on the face longer providing more spin and soft feel.
This is a high spin golf ball with a soft feel around the green, making it our top choice for best golf ball.
- REACTIV iQ technology keeps the ball’s surface on your club’s face longer, providing specific needs required for each type of shot with each type of golf club.
- For driving, low spin, boost ball speed, and more distance.
- For putting, more spin greenside, with a soft feel, giving control for short game shots.
- Dual Dimple technology for precise trajectory and less drag through unique aerodynamics.
- For players with faster swing speeds over 105 mph.
If you are looking for a premium golf ball, pick up your pack of Bridgestone TOUR B XS premium golf balls here.
2. TaylorMade TP5x Tour
The TaylorMade TP5x are the most complete tour ball. It delivers unmatched performance in every situation. If you want the best golf balls that can handle any challenge the course throws your way, this is it.
With its five layers, TP5x gives you greater control and distance off the tee, from the fairway, and around the green.
- 5-layer construction with increasingly stiff towards the core for increased ball speed and distances.
- A cast urethane cover provides a soft feel.
- Dual-Spin Cover offers increased groove interaction for greenside spin.
- Aerodynamic efficiency from a unique dimple pattern on the ball adds distance to each shot.
- More greenside spin allows for precision and control.
To improve you golf game with TaylorMade’s best golf ball, you can pick them up here.
3. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
The Titleist Pro V1 is a high-performance ball that provides exceptional distance and accuracy. It features a soft urethane cover that gives it a great feel and control. Long, consistent flight, high spin control, superior control, and unparalleled feel on the green have made it the #1 ball on the PGA Tour and one of the best golf balls for eons.
- “Drop-n-Stop” technology for enhanced short-game and greenside control.
- Long and consistent flights with low spin and high ball speed for long-game power.
- Urethane Elastomer soft cover with high-flex casting layers, 2.0ZG core.
- Aerodynamically designed with 388 spherically tiled dimples.
- Ideal for any level of golfer looking to enhance their performance on the course.
Get your pack of the Titleist Pro V1’s here.
4. Callaway Chrome Soft X with Triple Track
Callaway Chrome Soft X golf balls are a great option for all players, whether you’re just beginning to play the sport or an experienced pro. With Callaway’s proprietary precision technology and classic Triple Track Tech design, this golf ball helps keep distance on every shot while providing the signature soft feel.
The triple track helps you line up on the tee and is great for putting of course. Match it with an Odyssey Triple Track Putter for a killer matching line up combo with one of the best golf balls you can play.
- Hyper Elastic SoftFast core which improves ball speed, distance, and control off of the tee.
- Low spin on iron shots to allow for spot-on landings.
- Triple Track Tech helps improve alignment, accuracy, and control when putting.
- Tour Aero provides excellent aerodynamics for consistent shots in any condition.
- The Truvis pattern is created for maximizing the view of the golf ball for enhanced visibility.
Get your Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track pack of premium here
5. TaylorMade Tour Response Stripe Golf Balls
Looking for a golf ball that will help you take your game to the next level? Check out the TaylorMade Tour Response Strip Golf Ball. This tour-quality ball features advanced alignment technology for high-performance play. Plus, it comes in a unique striped design to help with aim and visibility on the golf course.
This ball is also great for providing low spin off the tee and enhanced short game spin. For a modern golf ball to suit all your shots, TaylorMade is a great addition for your bag and one of our best golf balls.
- Less spin, increased control, easy ball flight, and more ball speed
- Tour Flight Dimple Pattern and HFM Speedmantle for ideal aerodynamics
- Bright center strip assists with alignment and increases visibility
- Stronger and softer 100% urethane cover for great feel both off the tee and on the green
- 3 Layers, soft urethane cover, 40 compression core, 70 compression overall
Find the TaylorMade Tour Response Strips golf balls here today.
6. OnCore Vero X1 Golf Balls
The VERO X1 from OnCore is a revolutionary golf ball that we just discovered this year. A high modulus metal-infused mantle, provides greater perimeter weighting, producing higher speeds off the club face for further distances.
This ball delivers spin while maintaining control throughout all types of shots on the course. No matter if you’re hitting uphill or downhill, this ball will maintain its trajectory.
Don’t let the relatively low price fool you. This is one of the best golf balls you can play.
- Ideal for intermediate to advanced players.
- Accuracy and control are enhanced by weighted perimeter technology.
- With the driver, low spin achieves both distance and forgiveness.
- 4-piece layered design with 80-84 compression.
- Quality cast urethane cover for ideal feel.
Add this premium ball, the OnCore VeroX1, to you bag here.
7. Titleist Velocity
You can achieve extreme distance off the tee and around the green with the Titleist Velocity Golf Balls. These golf balls are designed for lower spin and further distances and great greenside feel.
Built with a faster core than the ProV1, many golfers find these balls more forgiving than their tour cousin with a more affordable price tag as well.
- NAZ+ Cover enhances control, speed, and feel on the green .
- High Speed LSX Core gives increased ball speed and distance on full swing shots.
- Low spin for both long shots and short shots for precise landings.
- 350 spherically-tiled dimple design amplifies flight trajectory.
- Available in many color options for increased visibility.
You can pick up the best golf balls on our list here today.
8. OnCore ELIXR
The ELIXR is a premium ball with an original blend of chemistry that offers high performance. It features OnCore’s proprietary polybutadiene core, which delivers an excellent “coefficient of restitution” (CoR) for maximizing distance and velocity.
The design also has particles infused into its polymer cover giving the ball great control on the green.
- PGA Tour quality without the high price tag.
- Weighted perimeter for improved control and accuracy.
- Low spin off the driver enhances control and distance with every shot.
- Built for multiple levels of players, advanced to intermediate.
- Cast urethane cover, 3-piece design, 80 compression, and 318 dimples.
Think this is the right golf ball for you? Get a pack of the OnCore ELIXR balls here.
9. Callaway Warbird
The Callaway Warbird balls are an excellent way to add distance to your game, with a budget price tag. This high-performance ball is engineered for maximum speed and distance, with an energy-packed core and two-piece construction.
The Warbird promotes high launch with feel and control, making it easy to hit long shots down the fairway.
- Highly compressible extra-large, high-energy core for increased distance and speed.
- 2 piece construction with ionomer cover and a large core.
- HEX Aerodynamics increase launch and decrease drag in the air.
- Great feel and optimal greenside control.
You can pick up our top budget balls, the Callaway Warbird, here.
When it comes to golf balls, there are different levels of quality. Some are designed for distance, while others are designed for better control and accuracy. There are also golf balls that are designed for different levels of players, from beginner to advanced.
Does price matter?
Be wary of high priced balls. They wont necessarily improve your game. The most expensive balls have features that will only benefit low-handicap players. There are lots of options for a great ball that will benefit your style of play at a reasonable price.
The best golf ball depends on your golfing skills and what you are looking for in a golf ball. If you are looking for more distance, then a golf ball with a high-energy core is the best option for you.
If you are looking for better accuracy and control, then a wound golf ball with a soft cover is a better choice.
No matter what your golfing goals are, there is a ball out there that can help you achieve them.
Golf balls can make a difference in your game. If you are using a high-quality golf ball, it can help you add distance and accuracy to your shots. However, if you are using a lower-quality golf ball, it may not perform as well and could hinder your game.
So, if you are serious about your golf game, it is important to choose the right golf ball for your needs. It would be best to pick a ball based on your handicap level and budget.
X out golf balls have been rejected from the factory for imperfections detected in the quality control process. They may have scratches or blemishes on them, and they may not perform as well as new golf balls.
The main reason why some choose to use X out golf balls is that they are much cheaper than new golf balls. Average golfers who use them don’t think it will make any difference in their play.
However, the reality is that these balls should never be used since there is no way of knowing what the imperfection in the ball is. If you hit an errant shot, you can’t know if it was your swing, ball contact, or the ball that caused the error.
Titleist Pro V1 is the most popular ball on the PGA Tour. Like all golf balls that the pros, the Pro V1 is a high-quality wound-core ball that produces a lot of distance and control when hit correctly.
Some of the most popular golf ball brands among the pros include:
- Bridgestone Tour B XS
- Titleist Pro V1 and Titleist Pro V1x
- Callaway Chrome Soft X
- TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x
For the average player, the best golf balls will have a combination of increased distance and some control is ideal. You can find this in most multi-layered balls. This design is intended to help improve your game by including aspects that both the pros and beginners looking for, such as dynamic spins mixed with increased forgiveness.
If you are a beginner, there are balls specifically designed to improve your game. These balls have a larger, harder core area which gives you more distance and shot forgiveness. Which in turn helps with accuracy and becoming more comfortable with your shots. You can find these features in multi-layered, hard-core balls.
These are balls that are made with large rudder cores and solid, typically with a thin urethane cover, giving a soft feel to each shot.
Softer golf balls are typically for those with lower handicaps as they are going to provide high spin, further distances, and minimum forgiveness. They will require more skill to control with any type of shot, but in return land with more precision.
Examples include the Titleist Pro V1 and the Callaway and the Bridgestone Tour BS.
A hard-core golf ball is a ball that is designed for increased distance and less spin. These balls typically have a harder cover, which helps to provide golfers with more distance on their shots.
Hard golf balls are often best for players who have a lower handicap, as they can help to improve accuracy and distance. Their hardness promotes extra ball speed. The covers are typically more durable than softer core balls making them less likely to cut.
If you are looking to improve your distance, then a hard golf ball may be the best option for you.
The Callaway Warbird is an excellent example of a ball with a harder core.
A golf ball with low compression is designed for increased distance with a slower swing speed. With a lower compression, there is more compression at impact and a greater release of energy to propel the ball further with less force.
This helps golfers with slower swing speeds, providing more distance with less strength behind their shots. Low compression are the best golf balls are often used by players who have a higher handicap, and often seniors.
In golf, compression means how much the ball squeezes when its hit. Generally speaking the more a ball compresses off of the club head the further it goes with a higher swing speed. For the average golfer, lower compression balls are more forgiving.
High compression balls benefit more experienced golfers with high swing speeds.
Low compression balls are better for the average golfer. Today most ball companies don’t tout the compression number of their balls.
There are many different types of balls on the market, each designed for a specific purpose. Whichever ball you choose, make sure that it is suited to your playing style and handicap.
Avoid buying used balls or X-outs. The more expensive the ball, the more likely it has a soft core and greater spin. Less expensive balls tend to have a harder outer core, less spin and are better for the average golfer.
It is also important to be consistent with the type of ball you play with to maintain and improve your game over time. With the right high-performance golf balls, you can take your game to the next level.